CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wet hair, chewing on books, and Train Rides (Oh and the childrens' museum)

No, none of these topics have anything to do with each other. This is just what is on my mind right now. Every time that Abby takes a nap, she wakes up with soaking wet hair. Now you might say that it is because it is 100+ degrees outside, but no. This will happen even in the dead of winter. She just sweats this much when she sleeps. She has done it since she was a baby. It is my cue to put my children to sleep. Even Ryan will get a hot head when he is sleepy. He even started sweating when he sleeps too.

We went to the Children's Museum in Tuscaloosa today. Abby had a great time. She even shared and played with other children. No ldeuce1103 it wasn't like Night at the Museum, much to my disappointment. I was really looking forward to the dinosaur fetching the bone and meeting King Tut. But we had a good time anyway.

As for chewing on books... I never knew that they tasted so good. Apparently Ryan thinks so because every time we go upstairs (where my bookshelf is), he literally chews on them. And of course he likes the paperback ones, cause I find bits and pieces of paper in his mouth or on his chin.

And finally Train Rides... I was thinking of taking a train ride home to visit my family. I thought that this would be a great idea and we would have lots of fun. Well, I checked out the Amtrak website and when I saw the price, I said "Wow, that's cheap!!" I would only have to pay for me and Abby and the total price round trip was $162. You can't even drive there under $200, with gas prices so high and lunch and all. Anyway, sounds great, right!! Yeah, well this is where I tell you that I could walk there faster than I would arrive by train. The train would leave here at noon and get to New Orleans at 7:30 pm. A total of 7 hours and 20 minutes. (And I'm still not home.) Oh, I didn't mention that I would have to stay overnight in New Orleans because the train from New Orleans to home wouldn't leave until noon the next day. Isn't that crazy??? I would love to do the train ride thing but with two kids and all alone, I don't need to stay in New Orleans. It never really was that safe to begin with. We just always went there to drink and eat and shop (or browse).

There is your daily update and it was brought to you today by the letter D and the number 5. Can anyone tell me how to get to Sesame Street??

K, Gotta go be a mom!! Love Ya,
Candi

3 comments:

MommaDrool said...

Both of mine are sweaty little munchkins too...The Fred wakes up from her naps soaked from head to toe!

Candice said...

Glad they are not the only ones. Sometimes it scares me cause I have read that people who sweat alot have trouble with their thyroids.

ldeuce said...

Aw shucks one day we need to find one like that. I think even "the boys" would like it! I've thought about telling half pint's doc about the sweating at her next appointment to see what she says.