CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Abby-isms...... Oh and again with the pee stories






My daughter has the best memory of any one that I know. She will tell you a story about something that happened so long ago that you don't even remember it. Well, for me it could be about something that happened yesterday. Anyway, she remembers everything. We watched the movie Big Momma's House 2 one day. A couple of days later, out of the blue, she says "Everybody calls me Big Momma! You can call me Big Momma!!" Imagine this coming from a little girl no more than three feet tall. And she does this little dance with it. Oh, it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She has an arsenal of funny things to say. Again, imagine a little blonde girl with hair in her eyes because she won't keep a ponytail in her hair. This time she says, "I like big butts and I can not lie!!!" What are you teaching this child, lady???? When the ice maker drops ice, she says "Ice Ice Baby!!" And of course mama has to finish the song. And wouldn't you know that I remember most of the words to that song. One of my favorites is "Stop Hamma Time!!" Well, now can't you tell that I'm an 80's/90's child?????

In the car today, while picking up lunch she tells Papa " I want a hundred dollars!" I really don't know where she got this one from but about a week ago she kept telling me 99 cents. I guess someone is teaching her about money. I know that it is not me. We haven't gotten to that lesson in our workbooks yet.

One last topic to bore you to death. Infant spit up and toddler pee. Stop reading if you have had enough with the pee stories. This is all I have been doing this week. I didn't even clean my house this week because every time I turn around either Ryan spit up carrots or Abby peed again. With the potty training, we have gone almost all week without an accident. Then today she tells me "Moma, I'm peeing!!!" I look at her and say "Run to the bathroom!!" and she is still just looking at me. What the f.......??????? Should potty training really be this hard????? I really don't understand why she can't get the hang of it. Like I said most of the time, she goes without a problem but other times she looks at me and I know exactly what she is doing (or getting ready to do). Why oh why is it this hard? After I screamed my head off, I told her "New rule!! Whenever you need the potty, go to the bathroom, pull down your panties, sit on the potty, and tell mommy to come help you cause you are pottying!" I want to try it this way (if she will) because if I ask her she always (and I mean always, even if she does need to potty) tells me NO!!!! That is the reason we haven't really had many accidents this week. Every so often I just brought her to the potty. I didn't even ask, I just brought her.

With Ryan, he must have and intolerance of some foods. Mostly carrots! The first time we tried carrots, which was probably around 4 months, he didn't have a problem with it. This week I have feed carrots to him twice and both times he spit them up. I mean orange spots are all over my house. He is very mobile now (he moves like an inch worm) so the orange spots are all over. Needless to say, we aren't going to eat carrots for a while. Today for lunch, he had squash. He spit up a little bit, not nearly as much as with the carrots though. Are you bored yet???

One more topic!! Sorry, but I have to talk about it. Swimming lessons!!! Next Saturday is our last swimming lessons. She is doing so well with them. Each time I have to hold her less and less. Hopefully next week she will be in a better mood than today. Today was an "I don't want to day!!!" Anybody else have this problem??? It sucks cause you can't get the child to do anything. Even if it is fun!!! That is just crazy. She gets it from me though. I know that I can get that way too sometimes. I just hope that she grows out of it but I don't think that she will. Alright, it is time to think about what to do for supper. Gotta go be a mom!!! Love ya,
Candi

1 comments:

Emma in Canada said...

I think potty training is supposed to be hard. With my oldest she used to hold it so long and even when she had to go would deny it. I used to have to say to her that if she sat on the toilet and didn't pee within 30 seconds I would give her a dollar. Needless to say, she would pee immediately and I never gave up a single dollar.