CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 24, 2007

Traumatized

Well as most of you know, we are getting a new shower. Well, since last Wednesday, there has been a hole in my wall (literally), where the shower used to be. I had noticed that my cat was snooping around to see what that was all about. Well, apparently she thought it was a nice, new, cozy, hiding spot. When "tile guy" showed up yesterday, I didn't even see the cat run. (Of course, she is a scaredy cat. She runs from most strangers that come to our house.) Well, they took a break for lunch and left. Well, I am running through the house pulling apart every hiding place that she could possibly know of. And wouldn't you know... I go in the bathroom and I'm very quiet... Then I hear it..... very low, very softly... meow. The damn cat is underneath the bathtub and "tile guy" already covered the wall with backerboard. So, needless to say, when they came home from lunch I made them take the backerboard off so that I could get my freaky cat. This turned out not to be an easy task, as now with all hammering and loud noises, she is really freaked and doesn't want to come out. Of course, she is in a spot that I can't just reach and grab her. the only thing that I can think of is to poke her, but what could be long enough to reach behind my tub. Oh, yeah the tape measure that she is afraid of!!!! I grab the tape measure and proceed to poke her with it and soon I see a streak of gray flash past me. I ask if that was her and then proceed to apologize profusely to "tile guy".

Before I go, I must tell you about the other freaky thing that happened to my cat. One day, I had a Wal-Mart bag just lying on the floor. Of course, cats are curious but mine is also cautious. She slowly sneaks up to the bag and pokes her head inside. Me, being the mean cat momma that I am, I grab the other end of the bag. This really freaks her out and she turns around in the bag to run out of it. Well, she gets the handle stuck around her neck. Even more freaked out, she is running at full speed around my house, like a mad cat, with this plastic bag around her neck. The faster she runs, the more noise the bag makes and freaks her out even more. Eventually, she goes under our bed to hide (her other safest hiding spot, beside under the tub) and the bag falls off. I guarantee that if I could have gotten this on video, we would have won all the money. Yay!!!

Anyway, there is my freaky cat story for the day. Hope you enjoy!!

4 comments:

Blog Owner said...

HILARIOUS! We have two cats and I swear when they do funny things it's every bit as funny, if not more so, than when my toddlers do something silly.

Great visual. I'm sure your brave cat came out from under the bed in no less than hours :)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Funny! It's a good thing you figured that out before they tiled him up in the shower. That could have been very bad!

Anonymous said...

Poor kitty! What a tramatizing time she's had.

And the bag over the head? Been there, done that. Except mine got so scared she peed all over the kitchen floor before I could catch her!

ldeuce said...

Somehow that doesn't suprise me for your doggy ostrich cat. I'm sure your hubby was laughing really hard when you told him about her under the tub, mine did.