CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Wow, That's a new record!!!

Ok, so for the most part Abby takes ok naps. Sometimes it takes her a while and other times it just doesn't happen. The one thing that I have learned with Abby is that I can't put her down too early. By that I mean that she doesn't usually take a nap until 3 or later. If I try to move naptime up at all, she doesn't take one. But if we don't talk about it until around or after 3, we are ok and we end up sleeping. Today, we learned, played games, and read books. Not a very active day at all. We read a book at 3 and then after the book, I told her that it was naptime. I got the usual "I don't want too's" and the "I'll take a nap in a little while", and then I held her for a little while and we talked. I told her that Mimi was taking her nap (I just got off the phone with her) and that if she took a nap at the same time as Mimi, she would dream about being with Mimi and playing with her. After I put her down, I did some laundry and cleaned up a little, then headed upstairs to do some sewing (I'm trying to make some pants for me). When I got upstairs, I put a timer on so that it would remind me to go and check on her to make sure that she was sleeping. I set the timer for 4 and I just checked on her and she is SLEEPING!!! That has got to be a record. A little over 20 minutes. YAY!!!

0 comments: