CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I miss.....

I never thought I would be saying this, but I miss home. Louisiana that is. I miss everything about it...the weather, the streets, the partying, the festivals, and the food.

It is like they say, "You don't miss something until it is gone." Well that is how I feel. When we lived there, I hated that it was so humid and hot. Now that we live in Alabama, I miss the Louisiana hot (if that makes any sense). I absolutely miss the food and especially all the wonderful Cajun restaurants. Fezzo's was awesome. I have got to eat there next time we visit. I also miss Evangeline Maid bread. There is something about this bread. Every single person in Lafayette eats Evangeline Maid bread. Over here, we buy the Sunbeam bread and it is fairly close to EM but not close enough to say it is awesome.

I can't say that I miss my Community Coffee because when we moved here I bought a bunch of coffee and I haven't run out of it yet. I will have to get another stock up the next time we visit though.

What made me think of this post and realize that I truly missed home was for some reason I thought of the curve on Gloria Switch Road. We used to live off of GS Road and Abby used to go to the daycare that was at the curve. This came to mind and I just started thinking of all the things that I miss about Lafayette. Of course I haven't mentioned yet, but the thing I miss most is my family.

0 comments: