CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Fall weather (I'm a sissy) and Gumbo

The weather here has started to cool off. I'm not sure if it a fluke because even for central Alabama this seems pretty early. Being from South Louisiana, I'm accustomed to Christmas' in shorts. I'm seriously considering making a gumbo either tonight or tomorrow night. My body still hasn't adjusted. It just doesn't seem right to make a gumbo in September. Gumbo's are for December- February.

I need to clean out the fireplace again, because we still have wood in it from last winter. I know, I'm lazy. Actually, I was hoping that Eric would do it and he hasn't done it yet. I also need to buy some firewood so that we will be ready.

My body isn't ready for cool weather. This morning, I walked Eric out and the thermometer read 48. I crawled back into bed after turning the heat up a little to knock the chill out. I know I'm a sissy!!!

Although, it does warm up in the afternoon, I'm still not up for it. It also reminds me that I'm an outsider. Everyone here seems to love this cool weather. Me, not so much!! I don't hate it, but I would rather it be warm. I guess that is why summer is my favorite season.

It is also hard to dress for the day when it is 50 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon. I guess that's why they invented jackets. Anyway, moral of the story...Gumbo at my house tomorrow night!!

1 comments:

Amber B. said...

You sound like me hubby. I'm loving the cooler weather, and he is complaining! He wears shorts until Christmas anyway!!