CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Our first real dose of tornadic weather

Ok, some background here. I should have been a storm chaser. I love bad weather. When we lived in Louisiana, I actually wished that a hurricane would turn toward us. Not in a bad way, but I wanted to feel all the wind and rain. If hurricane Rita wouldn't have hit at night, I so would have been out there in the middle of it. (I know you are thinking that I'm crazy, right!!) Anyway.....

Friday, we had bad weather. I think everyone had bad weather on Friday. Well, Abby and I had an appointment to get our hair cut. We leave the house and it is just cloudy. We drive out of our neighborhood and lightning starts crashing all around us like in the movie "War of the Worlds." While I do not want to get struck by lightning, I'm not really that scared of it (remember there is a storm chaser in me somewhere). Ladeeda, we are driving along and it starts raining. Cool, I love rain. A few minutes later, it starts HAILING. Small HAIL, but nonetheless HAIL. The sky turns yellow and the sirens at the fire station start going off. POOPIN' IN MY PANTS NOW!!! Meanwhile, I'm listening to the radio and they are saying that everyone in the mall should be "IN A SAFE PLACE." I'm in my truck and we are in the vicinity of the mall. I'M NOT IN A SAFE PLACE. So, What do I do??? I FRRRREEEEAAAAKKKK OUT!!!!

I turn the truck around and head back home. Screw the hair cut, I didn't want to have to hunker down in a ditch with my 3 1/2 year old daughter. Wouldn't that have been a good headline??? Local mom rides out tornado in ditch with daughter!!!!

Anyway, here are some pics of the clouds when we got home.




























Side Note: About half an hour after these pictures were taken, the UPS man delivered a package to me.

2 comments:

Crazy in Alabama said...

Just wanted to stop over and say HI! I am from Alabama too. I see you haven't posted in a while so you may not even get this. Hope all is well.

MommaDrool said...

TAG! YOU'RE IT!

Check my blog!